Florida Concealed Carry banner

New 12 Gauge Federal #1 Buckshot Load (LE132-1B)

5K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  DocH 
#1 ·
Finally - a new load that offers ideal terminal performance for 12 guage shotguns!

Fifteen .30 caliber pellets (all pellets penetrate 14-18" in properly prepared and calibrated ordnance gelatin)

Premium FliteControl wad = tight patterns

1100 fps when fired from 18" bbl

Fifteen pellets #1 buckshot (2 3/4" shotshell) possess greater surface area, thereby producing greater wound trauma than 00 and 000 buck

ALL fifteen pellets #1 buckshot achieve adequate penetration

Federal product number LE132-1B

#4 ·
Yeah,Shawn, I read about this one from DocGKR.I think you may have commented on that same thread. Good to see this load in production.Can't wait to get my hands on some.
If I can get patterns from my SPX like he showed from the 870P,I'll probably stock this one exclusively for a fighting load.

#7 ·
The Federal LE132 family of loads [it previously was available in 00 and #4] are good loadings. They are reduced recoil, so be aware that they may not function well in semi-auto shotguns, and the flight control wad gives excellent pattern and accuracy. I haven't used the new #1s yet, but both the 00 and #4 worked very well.

#9 ·
Double ditto. Great loads. LE 132 runs fine in my 930 SPX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.