Florida Concealed Carry banner

Tracer Rounds?

17K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  gjetson_1911 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
I believe incendiary or any round that produces a "flame" is not legal in Florida. (off topic a little----->)I keep all mine at my house in SC as up there it is common to see people playing with what they call "fire bullets", just for fun. We lit the bonfire at our last Marine Appreciation Day on my property with a .308 incendiary round through a one gallon gas can with a 5/8 steel plate behind it sitting on top of a mountain of kerosene primed timber. Sparks then fire, it was beautiful.

#3 ·
You sure know how to light a fire with class !!!

However:postpic

or better a video :2thumsup

#6 ·
No video......but will look for pics. Drunken Marine armorer Fisher took the shot before video camera was up.

#5 ·
Wasn't long ago I read about something like "trick" ammo......something to that effect....and saw tracers listed. I'll look back for it.

#13 ·
I got your tracers for ya!

#14 ·
Somebody requesting tracers? :grin

#15 ·

#16 ·
For handguns, only armor piercing is bad... in a handgun...

#19 ·
Seems that section refers to handguns and shotguns. I see (at least in 790.31) no reference to rifles. I know you can mail order 5.56 tracer and steel core ammo.

Tracer rounds, especially during dry seasons, is very dangerous ammo.:smack

Steel core would only appeal to me IF it were cheaper than FMJ surplus for some reason.

Tracer rounds are very tough on bbl.s too.:aarg

Someone know of restrictions for rifle ammo (other than exploding bullets) in force in Florida? :dunno

#20 ·
Something more on tracers. Section 790.31 defines explosive ammo as "any bullet that can be fired from any firearm, if such bullet is designed or altered so as to detonate or forcibly break up through the use of an explosive or deflagrant contained wholly or partially within or attached to such bullet."

Websters defines to deflagrate as "to burn rapidly with intense heat and sparks being given off."

That sounds like a tracer to me, but again I am not an attorney.

Hope that offers more help than confusion.

#22 ·
Armor piercing???? I can never find any for my M1A.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.