Thread: Aguila .22 Super Colibri powderless ammo

Aguila .22 Super Colibri powderless ammo

How many people are using this ammo? I found out about it recently and I ordered some this week. I tested it in my backyard this morning. I was using my Ruger 10/22 and the only sound is the hammer striking the firing pin and the sound of the bullet hitting the target. I was planning on buying a pellet gun for shooting varmints around my home but with this ammo I can use my Ruger instead. In a semi-automatic weapon you have to manually cycle the bolt but that's not a big deal. I plan on picking up a .22 revolver in the near future and this ammo will be great in it also.

NoShirtNoShoesNoTeeth Nokomis and Key Weird
    But is it strong enough to dispatch a critter? I've popped a few raccoons who wouldn't die!
    George

Years ago I asked an old man why he carried concealed when I knew he had no license... He said "I'd rather be caught WITH a gun than WITHOUT

There is nothing "common" about common sense!
    NRA Life Member

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.".... Napoleon Bonaparte

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant". ... Mark Twain

I've been using it for about 10 years, works great for varmits and also comes in 22lr for the "bigger" taqrgets.

I have some and use it for those big luber grasshoppers. for big game (iguanas and possums) I use CB caps. they are quieter than my silenced .22 pistol and a lot more powerful than the Colibri.

Distinguished Member
    These rounds are very much a specialty loading. They seem to function reliably and they are super quiet. They are mainly designed for target practice at short range in noise sensitive areas, and not for hunting. They are effective, at very short range, against very small game up to large rat size, especially if a head shot can be obtained. Any larger and the round's effectiveness is iffy. As I live in suburbia, I usually use a shovel or a hoe on venomous reptiles and a Wrist Rocket slingshot on larger vermin. They're a fun round as long as you recognize their limitations.

The varmints I want to do away with are squirrels. They've gotten in my attic in the past and I'd like to thin the herd a little in my backyard. I'm not familiar with cb caps. I'll have to check them out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tchick View Post
    The varmints I want to do away with are squirrels. They've gotten in my attic in the past and I'd like to thin the herd a little in my backyard. I'm not familiar with cb caps. I'll have to check them out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    They come in CB long and CB short, both push a 29gr RNL bullet at 710fps and work well on tree rats.

I use the Colibri, Super Colibri, CB caps - shorts and the Aguila .22 SSS which has a 60gr. bullet/ good only in long bbl. and uses a shrt case. Great alternative to a pellet gun.
    LIBERTY 0R DEATH, PATRIOT, VETERAN, HARLEY RIDER, FLORIDA CARRY INC. MEMBER!
    https://www.facebook.com/BasicsRangeandGun?ref=stream
    http://store.basicsrangeandgun.com/
    SPECIAL WARFARE TEAMS ROCK, WHO'S NEXT?
    STEP OFF OBAMA!

Sposors