Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do i check my permit progress?

They tell you 90 days because thats standard processing assuming you have no issues that will hold up your application. They will tell you once it is processed and it can take a few weeks after that to get your CWL. There is a timelines thread that shows how long it took many forum members to receive their CWL. Personally, I mailed my app on 2-9 and received my permit on 3-11. I have no clue when they cashed the money order but I was told it was processed 2-28, before that the automated system just told me that my app was received and processing.

Rusty,
    It shouldn't take 90 days, most people have a tracking/processing # on their application, I didn't.. After reviewing CWL timelines here and that I was able to check status(Certified mail, Amscot MO) knowing it was received and MO cashed I figured it was time to call.. When I did call I talked to a very nice lady who sounded like she answers this question all the time, I asked her about how long and she promptly gave me my# and I called everyday religiously on my lunch break til the robot finally said it had been approved and mailed, it was in my mailbox when I got home.. I did it the hard way, ink prints with a very new officer, machine was down and I had to write all the info from my original stamped 709.06(included) print form to a new print form and my handwriting s**ks.. Hang in there Buddy, it'll be here in no time!!
    CWFL Holder

alright, so... i called back today to get my application number so i could check it without having to talk to a real person, and she told me it had already been issued! lol it was issued on the 19th. IE the day after i had called and gotten the 90 day notice... so its in the mail, about a month since they cashed my check, so i when i get it in the mail i will post my timeline. im pretty happy with the timeline since i would have just had my appointment (had i gone that route instead of mailing it in) on the 19th. so although it was a pain in the ass, it was still a little bit quicker for me to mail it in so im ok with it thanks again guys!

It's nice to have a number you can call. Back in the old days, the only way to check was to go outside and look in the mailbox.
    When the music stops playing, I don't want to be caught without a chair.

Got my license yesterday!!! finally legal! sent off my packet in the mail on the Feb. 15th, check cashed 02/23, license issued 03/19, received 03/28

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynail99 View Post
    Got my license yesterday!!! finally legal! sent off my packet in the mail on the Feb. 15th, check cashed 02/23, license issued 03/19, received 03/28
    Congrats!! Now it's time for your Wally Walk.

Stay safe and take advantage of the training opportunities and information on here.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. -Mahatma Gandhi

Follow my journey on Facebook here

Follow my journey on twitter here

www.FloridaCarry.org/Join

Congrats Bro!!
    CWFL Holder

Help Florida CCW waiting

I mailed my packet in on 3/12. Not in system, didn't cash check yet .When I call they tell me they are 4 weeks behind in opening mail. WTF? Thought the state needed money. Any one else having this issue? Crazy thing is I thought this would be faster then waiting a month for appointment which would have been 4/12.

What is your current ccw status? I mailed my packet 6 weeks ago and they have not even s=cashed the check yet

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynail99 View Post
    how long ago was that? i sent mine standard mail but i know they got it and have at least opened it enough to take my check to the bank, because my check has cleared. kinda BS that they apparently (from what the lady said) get your money and then get to it when they get to it.
    Personal checks go into one pile and money orders go in another which are processed faster because its garunteed money.

Sposors