Florida Concealed Carry banner

5 1/2 months to get Florida carry permit?

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Steve48 
#1 ·
I sent my application the the Florida Dept. of Agriculture on Dec 4. They finally cashed my check about two weeks ago, and when I called today to check they said they are 2 1/2 months behind. It sounds it could take 5 1/2 months to receive it.

Has anyone waited over five months before getting their Florida permit?

Thanks,

Randy

#2 ·
Most are at or just over 90 days (depending on when they "receive" your app)... Be patient... and Welcome to the forum!

#4 ·
If it takes too long you can always use your Default Approval email :rolf

http://floridaconcealedcarry.com/For...ead.php?t=1768

uhhhh, lets not go down that road again

It should not take that long. capngeo is right on. 90 days should still hold true. (depending on when they "receive" your app) as he said

WELCOME TO THE FORUM ghh3rd

ITs a great forum with A LOT of different info and opinions. Enjoy!!!

#5 ·
My wife's application was sent November 7th and her check was chased November 28. On February 12th we received a notice that her fingerprints were unusable and had to be redone. Over 70 days just to have them tell us the fingerprints are no good!

We had her prints redone and resubmitted on February 17th. So now we'll find out how much longer it takes.

#6 ·
Randy,

Hang in there :popcorn. I also submitted my application in Dec '08 and I am expecting to receive it mid March. 90 days still seems to be the average wait time if they have all your information and can read your prints. We have to give them 90 days per Florida Law to process applications and they will either process it or tell you why you have been denied. Everyone who calls in gets a different story. Wait it out, then call after 90 days. You would have patiently waited and followed the law requirements. You then can ask a Supervisor the status of your application, expectation or why you have been denied

#8 ·
I was just told by the Dept. of Agriculture that they have received my report from the FBI and have to 'review it'. She said expect to wait about 6 more weeks. It has been just over three months since I sent it out, so it may wind up being 4 1/2 months from sending it to receiving it.

Meanwhile, I've been keeping busy with my two new hobbies of casting bullets and reloading them.

Randy

#10 ·
Hey Randy, where are you getting your lead from? I am looking to buy at least 100 lbs worth

#11 ·
I have cast about 300 .38 bullets so far, and loaded 50 to try out this weekend. If my lube works Ok and they don't lead the barrel I'll load the rest. I have a .40 mold on the way.

My father left behind a small cache of lead and tin, I found a 33 lb chunk on the road, my neighbor is a plumber, I've got a couple of roofers saving some, garages are tight with their lead around here but I keep trying... you just have to network and you'll find some.

None of the 'home brew' ammo will be used for concealed carry/self defense though. It's not because it's less reliable, I just don't want some lawyer saying that I made some 'killer bullets' or whatever. In fact, I'm trying to learn what my county Sherrif uses so I can get the same thing. I've heard that if worse comes to worse, it's a good defense to have emulated your local police ammo. (The two Deputies that I've asked so far were taken aback when I asked and just said they didn't really know what kind of ammo they were carrying.)

Randy

#13 · (Edited)
davidarnold

I live in Florida. Last April I applied for a CCP. They keep sending me letters stating that I haven't proved that I am an American citizen. This is after sending them three birth certifucates and three DD214's that show my Army experience and where I was born. They made their mistake by sending me a copy of the form in which they say I failed to fill out the question in question. Anyone can see that the form was doctored to make it appear that the form was not filled out. One more thing. The form had to be notarized. So I took it back to the notary who notarized it in the first place. She told me that by law, she couldn't affiix her stamp to the document unless it was completely filled out. She also stated that the form was definitely tampered with. Now I filled out this form completely with black ink. Yet only my signiture appeared. While all the other yes or no circles were for the most part blank. But each circle outside of one or two still showed small spots of black. Today I spoke to a guy at a local gun shop. He said that because the state was so far behind. They hired a lot of extra help. The people they hired are screwing up the paper work so they can keep their jobs longer. TRUE? OR NOT TRUE? Knowing American government, I tend to believe the lfirst. DON'T GIVE UP. IF I HAVE TO SEND THEM TWENTY POUNDS OF BIRT CERTIFICATES. If I have to hand carry the box and set it down on the desk of the idiot who's responsible, I WILL If my actions get them fired, it will be a blow for justice and a plus. I NEED A HOBBY ANYWAY. Just for the record. I'm a sixty two year old Army helicopter crewchief from the sixties. My grandfather came over here from Ireland in 1887. My uncle served in the Marines during WWII. My father in the Navy. My wife is a chief warrant officer with the florida National Guard. I'D BE WILLING TO BET THAT I'M MORE OF AN AMERICAN THAN THE IDIOT THAT KEEPS SENDING ME LETTERS TELLING MY I AM NOT.

#16 ·
I live in Florida. Last April I applied for a CCP. They keep sending me letters stating that I haven't proved that I am an American citizen. This is after sending them three birth certifucates and three DD214's that show my Army experience and where I was born. They made their mistake by sending me a copy of the form in which they say I failed to fill out the question in question. Anyone can see that the form was doctored to make it appear that the form was not filled out. One more thing. The form had to be notarized. So I took it back to the notary who notarized it in the first place. She told me that by law, she couldn't affiix her stamp to the document unless it was completely filled out. She also stated that the form was definitely tampered with. Now I filled out this form completely with black ink. Yet only my signiture appeared. While all the other yes or no circles were for the most part blank. But each circle outside of one or two still showed small spots of black. Today I spoke to a guy at a local gun shop. He said that because the state was so far behind. They hired a lot of extra help. The people they hired are screwing up the paper work so they can keep their jobs longer. TRUE? OR NOT TRUE? Knowing American government, I tend to believe the lfirst. DON'T GIVE UP. IF I HAVE TO SEND THEM TWENTY POUNDS OF BIRT CERTIFICATES. If I have to hand carry the box and set it down on the desk of the idiot who's responsible, I WILL If my actions get them fired, it will be a blow for justice and a plus. I NEED A HOBBY ANYWAY. Just for the record. I'm a sixty two year old Army helicopter crewchief from the sixties. My grandfather came over here from Ireland in 1887. My uncle served in the Marines during WWII. My father in the Navy. My wife is a chief warrant officer with the florida National Guard. I'D BE WILLING TO BET THAT I'M MORE OF AN AMERICAN THAN THE IDIOT THAT KEEPS SENDING ME LETTERS TELLING MY I AM NOT.
I missed the same question I think. I talked with one of the supervisors, all I had to do was send them a notarized letter stating I was a Florida resident.
Try and talk with a supervisor and see if that works.
Good luck and remember, this too shall pass!
Franklin

#15 ·
long long time

My check was cashed in april. I called to check yesterday and they said it will be a good 30 more days. when took the ccw class they told us that the system was so backed up that we should use fingerprint cards instead of electronic. the nice woman that did my fingerprints told me the same. but from what I am reading here it seems to be quite the opposite. :banghead

#17 ·
My check was cashed in april. I called to check yesterday and they said it will be a good 30 more days. when took the ccw class they told us that the system was so backed up that we should use fingerprint cards instead of electronic. the nice woman that did my fingerprints told me the same. but from what I am reading here it seems to be quite the opposite. :banghead
The way things have been for the last few months, I doubt that ink or electronic has been making much difference either way. Now that things are easing up, electronic may become a help again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.