Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 1/2 months to get Florida carry permit?

5 1/2 months to get Florida carry permit?

I sent my application the the Florida Dept. of Agriculture on Dec 4. They finally cashed my check about two weeks ago, and when I called today to check they said they are 2 1/2 months behind. It sounds it could take 5 1/2 months to receive it.

Has anyone waited over five months before getting their Florida permit?

Thanks,

Randy

NoShirtNoShoesNoTeeth Nokomis and Key Weird
    Most are at or just over 90 days (depending on when they "receive" your app)... Be patient... and Welcome to the forum!
    George

Years ago I asked an old man why he carried concealed when I knew he had no license... He said "I'd rather be caught WITH a gun than WITHOUT

There is nothing "common" about common sense!
    NRA Life Member

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.".... Napoleon Bonaparte

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant". ... Mark Twain

Mine came in last month. Within the 90 days from "check cashed".

I'd say you could be looking at mid-May, but they just hired a bunch of new help to speed up the process.

Distinguished Member Glock23-4-Me's Avatar
    If it takes too long you can always use your Default Approval email

http://floridaconcealedcarry.com/For...ead.php?t=1768

uhhhh, lets not go down that road again

It should not take that long. capngeo is right on. 90 days should still hold true. (depending on when they "receive" your app) as he said

WELCOME TO THE FORUM ghh3rd

ITs a great forum with A LOT of different info and opinions. Enjoy!!!
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

LITTLE BEAR HOLSTERS

I am not a lawyer!! Any information I provide is my opinion only and should not be considered as legal advice. If you need legal advice, I suggest you call someone with a law degree.

My wife's application was sent November 7th and her check was chased November 28. On February 12th we received a notice that her fingerprints were unusable and had to be redone. Over 70 days just to have them tell us the fingerprints are no good!

We had her prints redone and resubmitted on February 17th. So now we'll find out how much longer it takes.
    John Steele - Miami
    ---------------------
    KJ4NSE
    Member NRA | GCO | GOA | SAF | GCA
    Why would God invent something like whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world of course

Randy,

Hang in there . I also submitted my application in Dec '08 and I am expecting to receive it mid March. 90 days still seems to be the average wait time if they have all your information and can read your prints. We have to give them 90 days per Florida Law to process applications and they will either process it or tell you why you have been denied. Everyone who calls in gets a different story. Wait it out, then call after 90 days. You would have patiently waited and followed the law requirements. You then can ask a Supervisor the status of your application, expectation or why you have been denied
    NRA Certified Instructor: Range Safety Officer: NRA Member: A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. : An armed society is a polite society: Robert Heinlein : Gun control is using both hands!

Thanks everyone...

I was just told by the Dept. of Agriculture that they have received my report from the FBI and have to 'review it'. She said expect to wait about 6 more weeks. It has been just over three months since I sent it out, so it may wind up being 4 1/2 months from sending it to receiving it.

Meanwhile, I've been keeping busy with my two new hobbies of casting bullets and reloading them.

Randy

Good hobby. What calibers are you casting?
    Steve
    NRA Life Member

Hey Randy, where are you getting your lead from? I am looking to buy at least 100 lbs worth
    NRA Certified Instructor: Range Safety Officer: NRA Member: A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. : An armed society is a polite society: Robert Heinlein : Gun control is using both hands!

Sposors