Thread: Quotes

Quotes

A lot of folks here have great tag lines in their signatures related to freedom, guns, and the second amendment. I thought maybe we could post some of our favorites in this thread. Here's one from Thomas Jefferson:

"Those who expect to be ignorant and free, expect what never was and never will be."

What'cha got?
    Shoot to stop.

The only thing required for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

They who willingly give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary security, deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Ben Franklin

Floridians - Stop paying too much for your hobby - http://groupbuybulkammo.com/

Distinguished Member
    To be is to do...Socrates
    To do is to be...Sartre

Do be do be do....Sinatra

But seriously.......

"People say they love truth, but in reality they want to believe that which they love is true."
    Robert Ringer

And this:

"What you see depends on what you're looking for." Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by xbonz View Post
    to be is to do...socrates
    to do is to be...sartre

do be do be do....sinatra

but seriously.......

"people say they love truth, but in reality they want to believe that which they love is true."
    robert ringer

and this:

"what you see depends on what you're looking for." unknown
    do be do be do

''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' - John Wayne
    I carry cause I'm too old to run !

To preserve liberty,it is essential that the whole of the people always possess arms and be taught alike,especially when young,how to use them.

Richard Henry Lee .
    American Statesman,1778.

Distinguished Member mirage2521's Avatar
    The quotes are almost to numerous to mention. All one has to do is read anything written by the founders. Those fellows knew how to put a pen to paper. Thomas Jefferson was an amazing writer. No one today has his command of the english language.

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
    Thomas Jefferson

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
    Thomas Jefferson

All, too, will bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression.
    Thomas Jefferson
    Up to a point a man's life is shaped by environment, heredity, and movements and changes in the world about him; then there comes a time when it lies within his grasp to shape the clay of his life into the sort of thing he wishes to be. ... Everyone has it within his power to say, this I am today, that I shall be tomorrow
    Louis Dearborn L'Amour

You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

If Obama is the answer, it must have been a stupid question.

Banned
    what is the difference between ***** and his dog bo?

bo can actually produce his papers

Sposors