Thread: where to go shooting in the santa rosa/ okaloosa county area?

where to go shooting in the santa rosa/ okaloosa county area?

I need some places to go shooting!!! Please help I have 2 handguns and a shotgun and I have only been able to even fire one of them... so sad. I live in navarre area and I am in the military but I have heard lots of horror stories about the base shooting range. If there's a place where I could do real world target shooting I would be in heaven but at this point I will take anything.

The Hurlburt Gun Club is not that bad. They do have some rules that the civilian ranges don't have, but for $40 a year and 7 days a week access, it's not too bad. Your other choices are the Shoal River Sporting Clays, they have a pistol range, rifle range and a nice setup for shooting clays. It's on Hwy 90, east of Crestview. You can Google the name and get all of their info online. The other choice is Jay's Guns & Accessories Range in Baker (just west of Crestview). You can Google them too. They are a little more isolated than Shoal River. My preference is Jays, but try them both and see which one works for you.
    Bless the pessimist, he brings extra ammo.

I smoke. I drink. I have weapons. I must be the ATF

The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Oh, and Welcome To The Forum!!
    Bless the pessimist, he brings extra ammo.

I smoke. I drink. I have weapons. I must be the ATF

The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Jays range in baker florida ,jays in door range in panama city
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    George Orwell,Molon Labe'

I found this place called fwc public shooting range... its in pace, florida. It says its completely free and its like 40 minutes away... couldn't be more excited. I guess there's like 7 places in florida like that.

welcome to the site. i've been going to shoal for the time i've been here in FWB. i was about to look into the range on base because i just recently heard they are going to start allowing holster draw and double taps from someone who regularly shoots on base. but i didn't bother checking that out since i JUST got orders to germany right when i got back from the desert.. but definitely something to check out if you really want to do that and want a closer place. i don't think shoal allows double taps. but the indoor range in panama city does allow holster draws, double taps, and rapid fire.

Sposors