Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smokin' Barrels Gun Range, Land O Lakes

Smokin' Barrels Gun Range, Land O Lakes

Anyone been? Any good? Don't live too far from there, haven't been yet, thinking about going, just wondering if anyone has any opinions.

Thanks!

Distinguished Member rocketsteve's Avatar
    It's a nice range and I was there about a month ago, but I have two small gripes. First, the lighting on the range could better and second, the range ventilation needs to be improved, because smoke from all the gunfire was not being drawn out very well. I kept getting residue build-up on my shooting glasses, and that has never happened on any other indoor range I've been to.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. - Thomas Jefferson

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. - Thomas Jefferson

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

I shoot there often the owner is a good guy. The ventalation is usually pretty good they try and balance AC and venting out smoke. Check out its a nice place
    I am not a lawyer!! Any information I provide is my opinion only and should not be considered as legal advice.

Distinguished Member

Been There!

My wife and I are new to the area. We were traveling on Rte-41 2 or 3 weeks ago and stopped in to see the place.

Talked to two gentlemen who were either owners, or managers of one sort or another. Both seemed to be good guys; indicated a safety-related attitude; appeared(!) to be willing to make allowances for concealed carry once they get to know you.

We didn't have an opportunity to shoot; hence, didn't observe the air conditioning/smoke ventilation system function.

So far this looks like the place we will be using for any indoor range time we spend. We still have others to check out.

Good Luck. Let us know if you have any further experience there.

Bob & Carol

I live around the corner from it, owners and RO'S class acts. I agree the lighting could be a little better though.
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
    Mark Twain

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbo719 View Post
    I live around the corner from it, owners and RO'S class acts. I agree the lighting could be a little better though.
    Just think of it as an opportunity to practice low-light shooting scenario's!

I am not a lawyer!
    My opinion/comments are strictly that: My own, well researched, opinions.
    If anyone needs legal advise, please seek out a qualified attorney.
    Do not rely on my, or anyone Else's, opinions to keep you out of legal trouble.

I go in about once a week. Nice place with a friendly and helpful staff. Just 10 minutes from my house, so no need to go elsewhere.

Well then I guess I will definitely have to try it out. Was hoping to do that this weekend, but other things came up. Maybe one night this week.
    Anything in the above that sounds like legal advice, is not. These are simply my opinions.

Is this place closed?

Distinguished Member
    I was wondering the same thing. My wife and I went by there some time ago (first part of October) and talked to the owners. I went to their website just the other day and got a message that the domain name is available. Made me wonder about the status.

When I saw this thread just now I called the phone number on their literature I picked up when we were there. My phone call reached a message saying this number is not in-service or has been disconnected.

Sure looks and sounds like they are closed!. . . . .If anyone knows otherwise, please let us know. I was thinking of driving over there to go shooting. It is not the closest to us - but, it is another option I was looking forward to trying out. Guess we waited too long!? (Apparently too many other people did too!)

Mumbo791 said he lives just around the corner - maybe he can let us know if the shop is closed down?
    "The government that cannot protect the public must not strip them of the right to protect themselves." - M. Ayoob, In the Gravest Extreme

Sposors