Thread: Did this really happen ?

Did this really happen ?

When southern Florida resident Nathan Radlich's house was burglarized recently, thieves ignored his wide screen plasma TV, his VCR, and even left his Rolex watch.

What they did take, however, was a generic white cardboard box filled with a grayish-white powder. (That's the way the police report described it.) A spokesman for the Fort Lauderdale police said that it looked similar to high-grade cocaine and they'd probably thought they'd hit the big time.

Later, Nathan stood in front of numerous TV cameras and pleaded with the burglars. "Please return the cremated remains of my sister, Gertrude. She died three years ago."

The next morning, the bullet-riddled corpse of a local drug dealer known as Hoochie Pevens was found on Nathan's doorstep. The cardboard box was there too; about half of Gertrude's ashes remained. Scotch taped to the box was this note which said: Hoochie sold us the bogus blow, so we wasted Hoochie. Sorry we snorted your sister. No hard feelings. Have a nice day.

And you thought California was the land of fruits and nuts!
    I carry cause I'm too old to run !

To preserve liberty,it is essential that the whole of the people always possess arms and be taught alike,especially when young,how to use them.

Richard Henry Lee .
    American Statesman,1778.

Partially true (or you could say based on a real event) - http://www.snopes.com/horrors/cannibal/cocaine.asp
    EDC: Springfield XDs 9mm
    NRA Member
    U.S. Army Military Police 1979 - 1984

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
    Jesus Christ and the American GI.
    One died for your soul; the other for your freedom..

Distinguished Member patrickhenry1776's Avatar
    Hey man the stuff is so good you'll see God.
    "I don't give a rats arse what the constitution allows or not where this matter is concerned."
    Brownie May 2, 2014

There'd be hell to pay if they wanted to play with that crap. Thinking night vision on the m14 with can on it at 0 dark 30 and let it speak for me from 500 yrds out.
    Brownie May 5, 2014

Has liberty and human life become worthless?

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Patrick Henry

True or not, that's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Partially true (or you could say based on a real event) - http://www.snopes.com/horrors/cannibal/cocaine.asp
    Snopes is a great source for the truth. There was no body or note (or cremains) left on the stoop, so while the saying truth is stranger than fiction is often true this one is a tie.
    Last edited by OldGator; 09-24-2010 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Edit for grammar, Grandma.
    ~ CWFL, NRA, G19, Vietnam era Veteran, Grandpa ~

Sposors