Florida Concealed Carry banner

New Gun Club in Volusia County

9K views 17 replies 18 participants last post by  SgtMagic 
#1 ·
I'm gonna try and take Swamp Rat's advice, so here goes:

My name is Sean Beery, and I wanted to let everyone know about my new Gun & Hunt Club. It is called the Volusia County Gun & Hunt Club and we are located just five miles East of the Volusia County Fairgrounds and five miles West of the New Smyrna Speedway, right on SR 44.
We are a 100% NRA affiliated club who prides itself on having the mindset to allow our members to "practice how to defend themselves". We allow real world training at our range and welcome: "rapid fire", "double taps", full autos, suppressors, drawing from holster, drawing from a concealment garment, shooting on the move, etc. How can someone learn how to defend themselves properly without having a place that allows you to train?
Here is our website: www.volusiacountygunandhuntclub.com

Please feel free to contact me and schedule a tour of the facilities. Thank you & God Bless!

#2 ·
cost to much plenty of other places to shoot alot cheaper

#3 ·
The place is perfect especially for the price ,you add up the amount of each time you go to the range oh and you don't want to tell me the ranges in the area will let you practice as sean explained. Now if you consider practice just standing there and shooting at a target practice then you are sadly mistaken you are only fooling yourself.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum Sean!

guys and gals I am a member there already I HAVE NOT REGRETTED IT AT ALL The range is set up nice , Every single person I have met there has been friendly. some one is all ways shooting something new or old (shoot a old sharps rifle ) . Brownie had his last class there 20 students and there was enough room . there was still ranges open for others not in the class to shoot.

the cost of the club is cheap when you compare it to other Private clubs in the area ,witch there are not many.also the other static ranges you cant rapid fire cant draw from the holster cant move and fire. that gets boring really fast and creates a bad habit of standing still and shooting.plus at $15 a day or $10 a day adds up to more then the cost of the VCGHC really fast

Call Sean and take the tour of the range , you will be very happy that you did. I AM

#5 ·
Sean,

Welcome from Melbourne! I took SwampRat's class there, then was there to help out Sat in the AM. Great place, and very nice range!

Kev

#7 ·
Welcome aboard Sean..Glad to see you made your way over here...I gotta tell you guys, When I started teaching firearms I called every range within a 100mi radius..Private Clubs..Not ONE would let me join, become a member and teach..NOT ONE..When I found out about VCGHC I called Sean, HE WELCOMED me to join up, become a corporate member, and teach to my hearts content. I cant tell you how much this has meant to me, my students and my business. Sean Beery gets a big ole :thumsup from me.

As for the money part..If you go shoot at Robert Strickland Range (where I used to train) its a static range owned by the County, with Range Nazis, and they have raised their daily fee to $10..thats $30 for 3 visits. At VCGHC you can get months membership cheaper than that and shoot everyday not counting the freedom you have to draw from the holster, shoot your rifles, rapid fire, move and shoot, etc etc etc...Somebody needs a basic economics class..

Make sure ya'll check the VCGHC calendar as their are plenty of activities and training opportunities coming up along with regular IDPA and Carbine matches.

This post has been deleted
#10 ·
It's Great to see that some of ya have been to that Range. I have been thinking about it myself.. It's only minutes from my place and would love to join when I have some extra cash. The prices seem good and they do monthly payments which is GREAT..... I must get a tour and maybe shoot a IDPA there soon... :dancingbanana

#11 · (Edited)
A friend of mine (Wade) started a tactical 2 gun match there every 3rd Sunday. He keeps inviting me out but its the same day as the Titusville IDPA. I'll make it up there one day. Not sure if he is still doing it though.

#13 ·
Welcome to the forum.
And from what I have seen and its only pictures, this range is 100% better than the county one if nothing else than the friendly people.

My only gripe is that my schedule has me off on Mondays and the range is closed that day.
But with Sunday off too I might just get the wife and daughter excited about watching a match.

#16 ·
Hi, Sean

Welcome to the Forum. This is a good place to hang out.

I was one of the 20 who attended Brownie and Swamprat's training program last weekend. You really have a great setup there - nice layout and plenty of room. Nice and quiet during the cease fires.

I would join in a heartbeat if it wasn't a 3+ hour drive one way from home. As it is, I will have to settle for attending some of the weekend programs that Brownie and/or Swamprat put on when I can.

I am sure your enterprise will be successful and wish you well. :drinks

Bruce

#18 ·
Welcome from Port Charlotte. :wave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.