Florida Concealed Carry banner

One Warriors Creed

7K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  bladenbullet 
#1 ·
One Warriors Creed​

If today is to be THE DAY, so be it. If you seek to do battle with me this day you will receive the best that I am capable of giving.

It may not be enough, but it will be everything that I have to give and it will be impressive for I have constantly prepared myself for this day. I have trained, drilled, and rehearsed my actions so that I might have the best chance of defeating you.

I have kept myself in peak physical condition, schooled myself in the martial skills and have become proficient in the application of combat tactics. You may defeat me, but you will pay a severe price and will be lucky to escape with your life.

You may kill me, but I am willing to die if necessary. I do not fear Death, for I have been close enough to it on enough occasions that it no longer concerns me.

But I do fear the loss of my Honor and would rather die fighting than to have it said that I was without Courage.

So I WILL FIGHT YOU, no matter how insurmountable it may seem, and to the death if need be, in order that it may never be said of me that I was not a Warrior.

Are YOU prepared?

See less See more
#4 ·
The way of the warrior is a kind of science, because you have to learn anatomy, medicine, metallurgy, ballistics, physics, law, and related disciplines. Physically, you must train your reflexes to be automatic.

Combat: you must be a master of strategy. Study the Book of Five Rings and the Art of War. Read the Tao de Ching.

Weapons: The great failing of most firearm owners is an over-reliance on bullets. These are but one tool in your arsenal. If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Ideally, you will want to also be competent with edged weapons, sticks, staffs and staves. Learn throwing weapons, improvised weapons, and the technique of turning everyday objects into tools you can use. If you use a revolver, speedloaders must be practiced until you are lightning-fast and can perform under pressure.

And as we've said before, the best fight is the one you are not in. Situational awareness is the key to avoiding trouble. Train as hard as you can, as often as you can, as best you can, so that your opponent will be at a disadvantage.

Make this an enjoyable part of your life that gives you confidence and a feeling of self-improvement and empowerment.

#5 ·
Here is something that I was given by my dad MANY years ago (when I was in military School). He told me it was translated from an ROMAN soldiers shield. I have kept it and have referred back to it many times over the years. It is interesting that the meaning holds as true to me today as it did for that Roman Centurion 2000 + years ago.

I train to be better than my enemies.
I train to be able defend my country, my family, my comrades and my honor.
I stand ready and willing to fight, if I must.
I stand ready to die for my country, my family, my comrades and my honor.
Today I reflect on the blessings in my life, I have many and am righteous.
Today is a good day to die, if I must.
I will please the Gods with my valor.
I salute you!

#8 ·
and regardless of how hard you train physically or how much knowledge you have amassed brownies sig line says it all....

"the mind is the limiting factor"

the difference between success and failure is most likely what you believe the outcome will be...if you are an unstoppable force then there cannot be an immoveable object....

#9 ·
and regardless of how hard you train physically or how much knowledge you have amassed brownies sig line says it all....

"the mind is the limiting factor"

QUOTE]

Interesting point: It is true to a point as I am sure Brownie would agree. I personally give both Training and Mindset an equal amount of reverence.

Who would win: The best trained man with the wrong mind set or the untrained man with the right mindset?

The trick my friends, is to be both well trained and have the right mindset. :thumsup

Entering the fight with the Roman Centurion concept of "When I fight, I fight to the death, yours or mine. I fight with the will that I WILL win and to please my Gods" does IMO give you an edge over your opponent, ……..unless he too has the same mindset:)

#12 · (Edited)
One Warriors Creed​

If today is to be THE DAY, so be it. If you seek to do battle with me this day you will receive the best that I am capable of giving.

It may not be enough, but it will be everything that I have to give and it will be impressive for I have constantly prepared myself for this day. I have trained, drilled, and rehearsed my actions so that I might have the best chance of defeating you.

I have kept myself in peak physical condition, schooled myself in the martial skills and have become proficient in the application of combat tactics. You may defeat me, but you will pay a severe price and will be lucky to escape with your life.

You may kill me, but I am willing to die if necessary. I do not fear Death, for I have been close enough to it on enough occasions that it no longer concerns me.

But I do fear the loss of my Honor and would rather die fighting than to have it said that I was without Courage.

So I WILL FIGHT YOU, no matter how insurmountable it may seem, and to the death if need be, in order that it may never be said of me that I was not a Warrior.

Are YOU prepared?

"Today is a good day to die." ~ Crazy Horse

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.