Florida Concealed Carry banner

Punta Gorda Office backlogged

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ponti_33609 
#1 ·
Scheduled to take my CCW class on April 1st so I figured I would call today and schedule the appointment to apply for my license. The Punta Gorda office is backlogged until June 1.:banghead
Looks like I will be applying by mail.

#2 ·
Here in Jacksonville the current wait for an appointment is 6 weeks. I submit paperwork on April 15 - woo hoo! I suspect one reason for the backlogs is the desirability of a Florida CWL. We're getting a lot of applications from out-of-state, same as Utah. That's OK with me, I'm not in any particular rush, but it was a lot easier in Alabama: go to sheriff's office, pay 25 bucks, get your license.

#3 ·
Have a friend who called Jax and he decided to mail his instead of wait. He was told the the sudden demand had a lot to do with everyone getting their income taxes back. The lady told him that every year around this time it gets busy for everything from ccw permits to building permits, etc. He mail his in the second week in Feb. and got his ccw in the mailbox two weeks to the day of sending it in. I could never have been that lucky.

#5 ·
judging by the traffice we're getting at the range down here it doesnt surprise me...

#6 ·
My son made an appointment and was given one for a month later. He called back the next day to ask a question about his DD214 and he inquired if they ever had cancellations and the lady said sure how about tomorrow at 1 pm, he said sure and next day it was a done deal. So be sure to ask about cancellations. Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.